Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello All
03-28-2021, 08:52 PM
Hello All
It's good to be here...
Many thanks to jawjahboy and Linda for getting me in here.
I just wanted to invite everyone to come check the new and hopefully improved owens4 site. It's been gone too long. The details are in the "About" section at the bottom of the home page.

I welcome your comments and constructive criticism.

http://owens4.net

For all the old WebTV users check out Remembering Webtv

Thanks again
John
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2021, 09:32 PM
RE: Hello All
Welcome. Nice memories. I like the tools, especially the crop tool. I started on webTV in 2000, and still have a lot of gradtables that need the webTV viewer to see. I got some screenshots but still have more to do, just no time.

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2021, 11:44 PM
Welcome, John,

I remember getting my Phillips WeTV Plus on Mar 9. 1999. My son-in-law (who was one of first WebTV users in Georgia) sent me an email with "coffee beans" background and music. He sent me Texas Angel's website for the tutes and your link was one of the first I visited. Your help page stayed in my favorites folder for quite a while.

Look forward to seeing you share on the forum.

(03-28-2021 08:52 PM)John Wrote:  It's good to be here...
I just wanted to invite everyone to come check the new and hopefully improved owens4 site. It's been gone too long. The details are in the "About" section at the bottom of the home page.

Thanks again
John

03-29-2021, 01:06 PM
(03-28-2021 11:44 PM)jawjahboy Wrote:  Welcome, John,

I remember getting my Phillips WeTV Plus on Mar 9. 1999. My son-in-law (who was one of first WebTV users in Georgia) sent me an email with "coffee beans" background and music. He sent me Texas Angel's website for the tutes and your link was one of the first I visited. Your help page stayed in my favorites folder for quite a while.

Look forward to seeing you share on the forum.

(03-28-2021 08:52 PM)John Wrote:  It's good to be here...

Thanks again
John
03-29-2021, 01:14 PM
WOW! I'd totally forgotten what the old web page looked like. I'm still mad at Microsoft for ruining webby. We had lots of stuff, like grad angles and so forth that were proprietary to webby. But since I used an Apple, I couldn't use the WebTv Viewer. So I lost a lot of my artwork. I remember some of us used a certain trigonometry formula to create movement of the gradtables on the webpage when someone clicked on it. We could change the sine, cosign and tangent to make the movements create certain forms. That was lots of fun.
04-01-2021, 10:36 PM
Well it seems like the prodigal son has returned. LOL Good to see you again and thanks again for the bio on Net4tv.