Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Repurposing our Golf Course
03-23-2020, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2020 12:28 PM by Lenore.)
Repurposing our Golf Course
Social Distancing at its' finest. From my condo-spotted this lone lady sitting smack in center of our golf course getting much needed vitamin D....In midst of this HORROR,grab a chuckle where you can.[Image: 20200322-174854-HDR.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2020, 02:54 AM
RE: Repurposing our Golf Course
My brother lives in Florida. He said all the winter residents packed up and went north. It's a ghost town.

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2020, 09:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2020 10:42 AM by Lenore.)
(03-24-2020 02:54 AM)Linda Wrote:  My brother lives in Florida. He said all the winter residents packed up and went north. It's a ghost town.

No ghost-town here in So. Fla...In fact, our few "snow birds" here in my condo community who usually leave by Easter,are staying...given how bad it is in N.Y..New Jersey etc.,,,not to mention the hardships at the airports....We have been told here in Fla. [60+ age] to remain at home, unless we require necessary trips for groceries,pharmacy...So,that does reduce many on the road.

03-24-2020, 11:42 AM
(03-24-2020 09:43 AM)Lenore Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 02:54 AM)Linda Wrote:  My brother lives in Florida. He said all the winter residents packed up and went north. It's a ghost town.

No ghost-town here in So. Fla...In fact, our few "snow birds" here in my condo community who usually leave by Easter,are staying...given how bad it is in N.Y..New Jersey etc.,,,not to mention the hardships at the airports....We have been told here in Fla. [60+ age] to remain at home, unless we require necessary trips for groceries,pharmacy...So,that does reduce many on the road.

We in NJ are on lock-down. Can go only to grocery stores and other places considered necessary to living life. We're ordered to stay home, by the gov himself. No gatherings of more than two people. Police supposedly are going to enforce this. I sure don't envy them.

Everyone seems worried. Fear, fear, fear. What a way to control a population. I'm glad I'm retired and have no job that may be disappearing. My prayers to those who are having great difficulties with this change in our lives. Hugs, (OOPS! Not Allowed!) Flo
03-24-2020, 12:38 PM
It is pretty much the same here in MA. All non-essential businesses are closed. We are told to stay home for 2 weeks, unless it is necessary to go out. The Board of Health has banned visitors from our Senior housing. The staff is working from home. Just the maintenance men still working here. Furniture has been moved out of the community room and common areas, so no one can congregate.

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2020, 09:30 AM
(03-24-2020 12:38 PM)Linda Wrote:  It is pretty much the same here in MA. All non-essential businesses are closed. We are told to stay home for 2 weeks, unless it is necessary to go out. The Board of Health has banned visitors from our Senior housing. The staff is working from home. Just the maintenance men still working here. Furniture has been moved out of the community room and common areas, so no one can congregate.

All our pools n' cabana clubs,our theater,golf course club etc. are CLOSED!..So far no mandatory "shelter in place"...but all restaurants are just providing take out.Absolutely no dining in anywhere. Frankly, wish they would prohibit domestic flights at Miami n' Ft. Lauderdale airports..They are allowing them to land and pple are tested n' have to be quarantined for 2 weeks....Northeners are coming down here in droves,to escape N.Y.,Jersey...in hopes, they'll be safer here....We're all praying,they're not putting our city at even further risk.

FEAR,FEAR,FEAR-INDEED!