https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2020, 11:10 AM
RE: Carona Virus
Thanks, Linda. This is useful info. Stay well, everyone :-)
Find all posts by this user
03-17-2020, 01:18 PM
I don't know how things are going in your part of the country, but here in Massachusetts, life has pretty much come to a standstill. All schools and colleges are closed. Libraries, churches and museums are closed. All restaurants and bars are closed (except for take out). Subways running on week-end schedules, disinfecting subways every 4 hours. Make shift tents set up outside major hospitals for testing, as well as drive through testing. Grocery stores struggling to keep up with stock...some closing early just to restock shelves. Early morning shopping provided for people over 60. St. Patrick's Day parade cancelled. All activities in our Senior Housing cancelled. Eerily quiet on the streets.

LingoLinda
03-18-2020, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2020 11:00 AM by jawjahboy.)
Pretty much the same here in NC. We got notice yesterday that an employee of a local company has tested positive. Many people who work about 4 miles from us have been exposed.

Luckily, Shirley and I stay stocked up on groceries, meds and household products. Our last visit to Harris Teeter was a joke -- we bought the last 2 packs of tortillas. There was no other bread, no milk or bottled water, no paper products, no eggs and no canned vegetables. We were there to get the Evic specials -- guess what? They aren't issuing rain checks either.

Everyone, stay safe -- practice social distancing and wash your hands every time you enter your dwelling. Carry a pen to avoid using community pens at the bank and Dr's offices. Leave your shoes near the entrance at home.

Now I need to call our library and find out when and how to return our movies and books due back today.

Blessings to all.

03-18-2020, 11:23 AM
Thanks for your rundown on your area's conditions. The conditions in my area of NJ are about the same. Schools also closed, and this includes the several colleges and universities in my area.

If people knew how to eat and drink properly in order to keep their physiologies healthy and ALKALINE, we wouldn't have panics like this. Docs apparently still aren't being educated about how eating properly is related to staying healthy. People who keep their physiologies alkaline do not get sick very often, if ever. Our immune systems are very powerful and can successfully fend off would-be invaders, like bacteria, viruses, molds, etc, if given a chance (by staying alkaline).

NO fast foods! Refined carbs are OK ONLY ONCE in a while. Not as a daily dose 3 times a day! Cut way down on red meats - they make our bodies go acid - and acidity creates a perfect host for all the bad "guys."

Instead, eat lots of veggies and fruits. Dairy might be OK for some, but not for all. For instance, I love cheeses, but am allergic to things dairy. I get upper respiratory symptoms if I eat dairy. :-(

Just some tips I've learned over the years about how to stay healthy. Now, if we all knew how to stay healthy, poor Big Pharma wouldn't like it at all. No profit in it for them. Bottom line for them: keeping us off-balance healthwise equals profits for them. Our society is based on ILLNESS, not WELLNESS! :-(
03-18-2020, 03:02 PM
I hear what you are saying Flo, But the Chinese as a rule eat a very healthy diet. A neighbor of mine, who is from China, told me that his country pushes healthy habits on their citizens in order to keep medical costs down. He also told me that exercise is almost enforced (he's been doing Tai Chi for 40 years). In China, if you go to a park in the morning, it is standing room only, because people are getting in their morning exercise. He is amazed by how empty our parks appear to him. He does do Tai Chi out back in the parking lot, as well as others who are also from China. I think China's problem may be the social distancing thing they are emphasizing here. Here, we are told that we are not as well equipped as China was to manage this pandemic...hence the preventive measures are emphasized.

As for myself, I have many food allergies (dairy and eggs being a couple of foods I avoid). I eat all fresh food, fruits, vegetables, meat and poultry, fish, nuts. Bake my own sweets from scratch, etc. But I still have a compromised immune system, and I am 69 years old. I do exercise regularly. Still something like a cold or flu could knock me out for weeks in terms of strength. Right now I am symptom free and taking all the necessary precautions, but I do think that people would still panic...if not medically, then financially, or otherwise (loss of loved ones, etc). There is never any panacea.

LingoLinda
03-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Florida Dashboard showing case breakdown by county

https://experience.arcgis.com/experience...db9b25e429
03-22-2020, 11:39 AM
Totally the same prevailing here in Florids [schools closed..finally the beaches].
We here in my condo complex are all "self-sequestered".

Take care of yourself everyone n' STAY WELL.

03-26-2020, 08:06 PM
USA is now on top of the list. Stay put everyone.

LingoLinda