Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
India final update
11-26-2019, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2019 12:54 PM by jawjahboy.)
India final update
Plant scenes and personal observations added. You will find a pic of me (unaltered) in there also. You may be shocked at some of what you see or read.

Linda's post of "Dollar Street" reminded me of my work experience in India. I found some photos and am building a page with them. I have a few pics showing the town and house. Will continue to update to show where we worked and played and the roadways in between.

http://jawjahboy.com/India/

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2019, 01:18 AM
RE: India
Those pictures and the story are fascinating. It sure is a different world from here in the US. I've never been out of this country, and if you asked me to explain what I saw in the pics, I might relate it to a row of souvenir shops along the beach. All that cement too is perplexing to me, is it a necessity?

One thing I could mention about the format is that when you click on a pic, there are no instructions about how to get back to the page, although I just clicked on the page number in the left sidebar.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
11-28-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: India
(11-28-2019 01:18 AM)Linda Wrote:  Those pictures and the story are fascinating. It sure is a different world from here in the US. I've never been out of this country, and if you asked me to explain what I saw in the pics, I might relate it to a row of souvenir shops along the beach. All that cement too is perplexing to me, is it a necessity?

One thing I could mention about the format is that when you click on a pic, there are no instructions about how to get back to the page, although I just clicked on the page number in the left sidebar.

Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Linda, I added a back button in the nav pane to return to the story page. You may have missed some. Thanks for the critique.

There are very few forest in India. Cutting down a living tree or shrub is not allowed without a special permit. Concrete is the cheapest material for walls and roofs, metal for doors and window frames. If floor covering is used over concrete, it is usually marble. Our house had marble floors throughout, except for bathrooms. You will see marble floor on outdoor serving area of tourist resort we visited. Will update page in a day or two with more pics.