Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sally
06-24-2019, 04:15 PM
Sally
With tears, and a heavy heart, I want to inform all of you that our dear Sally passed away on June 5, 2019. We do not have any details. Our group received an email from her addy to inform us. She will be greatly missed. Please feel free to share stories and memories here.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: Sally
(06-24-2019 04:15 PM)Linda Wrote:  With tears, and a heavy heart, I want to inform all of you that our dear Sally passed away on June 5, 2019. We do not have any details. Our group received an email from her addy to inform us. She will be greatly missed. Please feel free to share stories and memories here.

Sally was the driving force behind the formation of our server group. In the beginning, she recruited most of us, encouraged us to contribute and suggest what we wanted. She was our business manager and mother hen. She was the owner of multiple domains, two of which are used for this forum and related activities. She leaves a large emptiness in our hearts. Hopefully we can find a way to carry on with Tandem Trends.

06-24-2019, 09:22 PM
I met Sally in the PHP Forum on the old webTV box. She invited me over to the Gradtable Forum, and soon we were working on all different kinds of scripts together, combining PHP and gradtables. When the PHP Forum was closed, we started our own private PHP email group, and took the PHP scripts as far as we could go, each learning from each other. She got me making Ming movies, and taught me command line scripts for Image Magick, and I still have some of her scripts. She convinced me to join the Arbor group and I never looked back. If you had a question, she had the answer, or knew where to find the answer. She always had a word of encouragement, helpful suggestions, and appreciation for anything you sent her way. We used to send long emails back and forth, and now I wish I had saved some of those. She also had a life outside of the web world, hiking, and working at the local food co-op, making and donating hand-made items to hospitals, etc. She would send me links to interesting crafts such as
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cro...CID=ML18P9

She always took the time to find out how you are doing, kept track of the weather on the other side of the country and would check in on us to see if we were safe from the storm. There are so many years, and so many memories, that it is hard to imagine her not being around.

This Forum was Sally's baby. She loved having a place to meet up with old friends and share ideas, both old and new. This forum will stay up, and we will carry on, as she would have wanted us to, I'm sure.
06-25-2019, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2020 09:43 AM by Lenore.)
Totally desolate and heartbroken.

Find all posts by this user
06-25-2019, 01:28 PM
With a heavy heart, I wish her Mom well, as I know she must be very old... God Bless
06-25-2019, 05:10 PM
I too feel devastated. It's just not right that she's still not among us. My association with her goes all the way back to WebTV. Boy, were those the good old days. She started some of us on learning how to code, make webpages, and make art work from webby's special html. But then Microsoft bought out WebTV and for a while carried on with its servers and the special html codes. Sally was always there, exploring and learning and encouraging the rest of us to do the same. Many times, when I had a coding that just wouldn't perform, I'd email her and she'd find the error. Some of the others have already said what i have experienced and felt about Sally. Lordy, Heaven's gain is our loss. May she sit on a cloud, strumming, not a harp, but the music of her own Being.
07-03-2019, 06:19 PM
(06-24-2019 09:22 PM)Linda Wrote:  She always took the time to find out how you are doing, kept track of the weather on the other side of the country and would check in on us to see if we were safe from the storm.

Yes she always checked on me during the storms.

Some how I missed this thread and only just found out today. I had emailed her just yesterday telling her how I missed her. We talked in email not too long ago after she returned from the hospital but I can't find the email dang it. She's one of the few people I will miss who I never met in real life.
07-04-2019, 10:01 PM
(07-03-2019 06:19 PM)Byron Wrote:  
(06-24-2019 09:22 PM)Linda Wrote:  She always took the time to find out how you are doing, kept track of the weather on the other side of the country and would check in on us to see if we were safe from the storm.

Yes she always checked on me during the storms.

Some how I missed this thread and only just found out today. I had emailed her just yesterday telling her how I missed her. We talked in email not too long ago after she returned from the hospital but I can't find the email dang it. She's one of the few people I will miss who I never met in real life.

Check your "sent" box. I too wished I saved some emails. I found a bunch of emails with Sally in my sent box, quite by accident. Still having trouble sitting down to read them though, but I will.

LingoLinda
[Image: countup.php]
[Image: rotate.php]
07-04-2019, 11:10 PM
Thanks Linda but still no luck. Sad