Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2018, 09:05 PM
RE: Recover lost/forgotten WIFI passwords
Good info Professor!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-17-2018, 01:39 PM
WOW! So this is one way a hacker can get into a router, providing they know which brand it is and which brand your computer is.

My other laptop failed and I had to shut it down - the fan failed and it'd heat up so fast, I just could use it. I went to Best But, but they do only software stuff, now hardware repairs. On to the Apple Store. Well, seems they couldn't replace the fan because Apple no longer makes them. So I bought a new laptop. Didn't really want to, but in this day and age, we sort of need a computer.

When I got the laptop home, I could not get my keychain password to work! Nor was there a way to reset it. So I called the Geek Squad and they sent out a gal to help me. It took her almost an hour, but she finally told me that my password had 17 characters - and THEN I remembered that I'd just reset it a few days before! Thank goodness I also remembered what the new one was. The old one had been 8 characters.

But since I had other things for her to help me with, like install the printer's driver without being able to use the CD - this new laptop doesn't have a DC drive, I totally forgot to ask how she managed to find how many characters the new PW had.

Also this laptop has a huge touch pad/clicker - it's so large that I'm constantly letting a lazy finger accidentally touch the pad and then I find myself someplace where I didn't want to go. It also has 4 USB3 ports and no USB2 port. So I had to buy an interface gizmo. After more than a year with this new laptop, I'm still making mistakes that I'd never made on the older model.
Find all posts by this user
08-17-2018, 02:38 PM
Wow Flo.….so you're way ahead of me....

You should have done what I did one time when the fan went out on my laptop....I kept a round steak on the freezer and I'd sit the laptop on it and do my stuff....Worked great...I used it that way for months, and when I upgraded it, I sent it to someone and they used it sitting on a frozen slab for months...LOLOL!
Coolest laptop I ever had!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2018, 12:35 PM
I did try that. I got two of those plastic freezer things and sat the laptop on top of them. That didn't work very well, either. It should have because the laptop's case is aluminum.
Find all posts by this user