Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Escaping Framesets
01-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Escaping Framesets
Ever find one of your pages within someone else's frameset? Do you create frames sets where one frame content forwards to a file that should stand alone?
Place this script in the body of your page and it will not be stuck in a frameset:

http://jawjahboy.com/scripts/Frame-breaker.txt

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2017, 11:20 AM
RE: Escaping Framesets
(01-28-2017 10:56 AM)jawjahboy Wrote:  Ever find one of your pages within someone else's frameset? Do you create frames sets where one frame content forwards to a file that should stand alone?
Place this script in the body of your page and it will not be stuck in a frameset:

http://jawjahboy.com/scripts/Frame-breaker.txt

That is way beyond me with what I do but, will save that script in case I get smart someday. LOL.
Find all posts by this user
01-28-2017, 01:44 PM
Wow, agree with Handy....Could you explain a little more??? Sounds valuable!
01-28-2017, 09:34 PM
(01-28-2017 01:44 PM)Sally Wrote:  Wow, agree with Handy....Could you explain a little more??? Sounds valuable!

One of my first pages is a frameset. The "top" frame is a plain black page with only the sound file embedded. It takes up 1 row of pixels.
The bottom frame is the rest of the screen with a file that is first in a series that advance using meta tag redirects. The music is continuous because the top frame is always there. If you use your refresh button the frameset starts over. The last frame has links to some other pages. With out the breaker script. any page visited by the links in the frame set will also be in the frame set.

http://jawjahboy.com/goodnews/crazylove/

My fireworks page is also the same type of slide show but the last page redirects the viewer to my 3 flags over jawjah page.

I wrote a tutorial on this once for webbies and had a demonstration page with goofy framesets. Will try to find it to post here.

01-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Ok....it's like the slideshow stuff we used to do!! I have not used that in so long!! I still have some of mine from before!! I switched to php for that stuff....now I understand what you're talking about....THANKS!!

I like your slideshow!! Nicely done!
01-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Don't know about the framesets, but like the slideshow.

LingoLinda

[Image: countup.php]

01-29-2017, 01:47 PM
(01-29-2017 12:18 PM)Linda Wrote:  Don't know about the framesets, but like the slideshow.

I like the slideshow too, very well done.
Find all posts by this user