TandemTables Forum

Full Version: Snipping Advise Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm trying to use the free form of the snipping tool....to lift the image out of the background...

Any helpful tips out there??

Anyone do that??
I usually use the rectangular snip and that way I get a nicer square.
I usually use that too but thought of some ideas if the image had no border at all....Thanks!
I didn't know we had that option. I just tried it. Pretty cool. You just hold down the left button on the mouse and draw a shape around the image you want to clip until the end meets the start of the drawn line shape. Let go of the button and you get the image.
(':') I know I am a day late and a dollar short but I never heard of this tool. Can someone post a url for it so I can try it? Thanks Jan
Bottom left...type in snipping tool....it is already on your PC......then when it comes up put a shortcut to your tool bar....
(09-12-2016 01:43 PM)Linda Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't know we had that option. I just tried it. Pretty cool. You just hold down the left button on the mouse and draw a shape around the image you want to clip until the end meets the start of the drawn line shape. Let go of the button and you get the image.

Yea, but for really wiggly images you have to be good!! I'm going to try to enlarge the image and snip it then resize.....???
Once you get the part you want, then you can use the paint program to draw over any part of the image that you do not want.
(09-12-2016 05:42 PM)Janerice Wrote: [ -> ](':') I know I am a day late and a dollar short but I never heard of this tool. Can someone post a url for it so I can try it? Thanks Jan

Click the start button and you should be able to find the Snipping Tool there. Before you open it, put an image search in and use that to practice with. Once you open it, just use the left side on your mouse to draw a rectangle around the image. Let go of the button and you can then save it to your pictures folder by clicking on file and save, etc. If you want to try free style, and your snipping tool is already open (could now be on your task bar at the bottom of the screen), click on new for a new clip, then you can clip on the part of the tool that pops up and from the drop down click on free style.
I tried searching for tutorials about the free form but they did not really go around the image outline...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's